ATOMISE. OPTIMISE. REPEAT.
LIBERTY Powder Metals, sharing the knowledge
Here at LIBERTY Powder Metals, we are committed to becoming a knowledge hub for powder metallurgy. This is where you will find the latest white papers and technical information to support our industry and the uptake in powder metallurgy usage.
If you have a technical topic that you think we should be highlighting, then please do contact us.
At LIBERTY Powder Metals we have a great team of technical experts who regularly produce papers with our partners and collaborators in academia.
Below is a selection of our recent publications.
Evolution of Non-metallic Inclusions Through Processing in Ti-V Microalloyed 316L and Al-V Microalloyed 17-4PH Stainless Steels for Hipping Applications
MARI´A J. BALART, XINJIANG HAO, SAMUEL MARKS, GEOFF D. WEST, MARC WALKER, and CLAIRE L. DAVIS
Oxide Evolution During the Solidification of 316L Stainless Steel from Additive Manufacturing Powders with Different Oxygen Contents
XINLIANG YANG, FENGZAI TANG, XINJIANG HAO, and ZUSHU LI
Rolling Mill Guide Rolls
- Ongoing case study
- Four guide rolls built to be tested in situ
- Tensile and impact samples printed at the same time as the components
- Parts can be designed and built-in circa 100 hours compared to 4 months for machined parts
- Attractive option for obsolete parts
- Material – M300 Maraging Steel