Information Technology Apprenticeship
The IT department of Speciality Steels consists of experienced team of Support Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Business Analysts and Software Engineers that support, provide and maintain IT hardware, software, infrastructure and bespoke systems to support and enhance the operations of the business.Apply now
Stocksbridge/Rotherham, Yorkshire and the Humber, GB
You will be part of a close-knit and enthusiastic team of IT professional’s part of a leading company within an exciting and rapidly advancing industry. You will need some basic IT knowledge paired with the willingness to learn on the job whilst studying. In your role you will support and enhance our existing IT environment across the business, from end user experience to manufacturing IT.
Learning, Innovation and Excellence
- Relishes learning from experience and the thirst for knowledge.
- Applies learning in creative ways to add value for Liberty Speciality Steels.
- Inspires others towards a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Imports ideas and best practice from outside the organisation.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Defines problems
- Systematically gathers and analyses data
- Identifies cause & effects and establishes root causes & achievable solutions
- Makes good and timely decisions
- Flexible use of accomplished interpersonal behaviours which facilitate in building trust and engagement amongst others whilst reducing the opportunity for conflict.
- Willing and able to handle difficult conversations in a positive manner.
- Drives accountability by creating a sense of individual ownership and personal responsibility.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with colleagues from all areas of the business to understand their IT problems, needs and requirements
- Frontline Telephone IT Helpdesk Hardware and Software Support
- Hardware deployment and collection
- Software Installation
- Update IT Helpdesk and Request systems
- Escalate more complex issues to the relevant person
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- IT Documentation and Asset System
Genuine aptitude and interest in industrial mechanical engineering essential.
Understanding of the steel industry and associated processes desirable
Experience and or hobbies related to mechanical engineering is also desirable
Closing date: 15 July 2022 – 2 positions available