BSc Digital & Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship
You will be an important part of our Process Systems team within the IT department of Liberty Steel. The Process Systems team is an experienced team of software engineers that provide and maintain bespoke systems to support and enhance the operations of the business.Apply now
The Process Systems team supports all aspects of the business; from delivering applications that allow our colleagues to develop stronger relationships with our customers, to building computer systems that coordinate the manufacturing and technical operations of steelmaking.
- Maintaining and enhancing our existing process and manufacturing execution systems
- Developing new applications in the full stack from real-time plant monitoring to desktop user interfaces, including all aspects of relational database development
- Creating effective and secure software solutions using contemporary software development languages to deliver the full range of functional and non-functional requirements using relevant development methodologies.
- Undertaking analysis and design to create artefacts, such as use cases to produce robust software designs.
- Producing high quality code with sound syntax in at least one language following best practices and standards.
- Performing code reviews, debugging and refactoring to improve code quality and efficiency.
- Testing code to ensure that the functional and non-functional requirements have been met.
- Delivering software solutions using industry standard build processes, and tools for configuration management, version control and software build, release and deployment into enterprise environments.
- Numerate and fully conversant with the use of desktop computers
- An interest in software development and have at least some minor experience either as a home hobbyist or through their education
- A wider interest in engineering
- The candidate will need be able to work as a team player, but also be able to work independently
- An excellent communicator, you will be able to discuss with staff at all levels to understand their issues and requirements and document these formally
- You will be a problem solver with strong analytical skills and be well organised with good time management
112 UCAS points from A-Levels or Level 3 equivalents (including IT or Computer Science) or completion of a Level 3 IT apprenticeship
Closing date: 15 July 2022