Commencing on 22 January 2024, you will be part of a team that consists of experts on conveyors, surface infrastructure, development, and longwall equipment. You’ll collaborate closely with each department and coordinator, gaining exposure to various facets of our operations. Reporting to the Manager, you will experience a rotational role, engaging with five different areas within the span of two years. It is a structured professional development program where you will participate in exciting projects, gain exposure to our mining operations and continue building your interpersonal and professional experience in a safe working environment.
Tailored exclusively for the Graduate Electrical Engineer role, you will also receive specialised training encompassing:
- Explosive Atmosphere Electrical Awareness
- High Voltage Courses; and
- a comprehensive PLC Course
Unlike traditional Research & Development roles, you will contribute directly to reliability and maintenance efforts, life extensions, overhauls, and project management. If you’re ready to dive into the practical aspects of electrical engineering and see your ideas come to life, this role is for you. You will have the chance to gain hands-on experience and exposure to a variety of areas within the electrical engineering field, including:
- Automation & Control: You’ll be involved in implementing automation and control systems, putting theory into practice and driving operational efficiency.
- Project Management – High Voltage: Get hands-on experience in managing projects related to high voltage systems, enhancing your skills in planning, execution, and problem-solving.
You will be required to work on a Monday to Friday dayshift schedule, and there might be instances where working backshifts is necessary. Temporary local relocation for the program’s duration will be expected, and we offer a certain degree of relocation assistance.
We look for adaptable, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in challenging environments and demonstrate the qualities of resourcefulness and innovation. You must want to be involved in real projects, work as part of a team and make a real contribution to the business.
To be eligible, you will have:
- Full working rights in Australia and currently reside in NSW, Australia;
- A degree in Electrical Engineering (or be in the process of completing your degree) at an Australian or New Zealand University;
- Have a keen interest in the mining industry or heavy industry
Please include a transcript or recent results with your CV;
About our team
SIMEC Tahmoor Coking Coal Operations, a GFG Alliance constituent, stands as an underground longwall coal mine paired with a coal preparation plant that yields premium coking coal for global markets. Established in 1979, Tahmoor Colliery operates with a workforce of around 350 personnel, situated in the vicinity of the picturesque Southern Highlands of NSW and a mere 45-minute drive away from the serene beaches of South Coast NSW.
GFG Alliance Australia is a versatile business spanning mining, steel, construction, and energy across 160 sites with a workforce of over 6700, supplying steel for major Australian infrastructure projects. Our integrated value chain approach in areas like manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and sales offers employees diverse career opportunities.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, committed to responding to every applicant.