We at InfraBuild would like to invite recent or soon-to-be graduates to take part in our 2024 Graduate Program as a Graduate Mechanical Engineer.
About the Opportunity
Real Work with Real Outcomes – Commencing on the 22nd of January 2024 (2- 3yr Fixed Term Contract), you will find yourself working on-site and alongside leading professionals in their field. During the program, you will participate in and attend a series of development workshops to build both your technical and soft skills. These include Lean Six Sigma (Manufacturing), Problem-solving and Decision Making, and Leadership Development.
Not your standard Graduate Role
How do we make sure you get the ‘Real Work with Real Outcomes’ experience? You will:
- Be based on-site – Mayfield, Newcastle
- Be teamed up with a Mentor (one of our leaders) for the duration of the program
- Get the chance to attend the mid-year and end-of-year conference
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to
- Dive deep into the world of hydraulics and hydraulic systems.
- Gain hands-on experience in project management, learning to lead and coordinate projects effectively.
- Explore maintenance and life cycle projects, emphasising reliability enhancement, particularly in relation to bearings.
- Engage with diverse and intriguing tasks spanning various mechanical engineering areas.
We look for an adaptable individual who thrives in challenging environments and want to be involved in real projects, work as part of a team, and make a real contribution to the business.
To be eligible, you will have:
- A genuine interest in mechanical systems
- Full working rights in Australia and currently reside in NSW, Australia;
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or be in the process of completing your degree) at an Australian or New Zealand University;
- In your final year of study or have graduated in the last 2 years
About our team
InfraBuild operates world-class state-of-the-art Steelmaking facilities in Sydney, Newcastle & Melbourne. Operating two electric arc furnaces and four rod and bar rolling mills we use local materials to produce high-quality steel products. We supply a range of products to steel distributors nationally, whilst building on our proud traditions of technical excellence and team safety.