IMS policy at Liberty Ostrava a.s., Liberty Engineering Products Ostrava s.r.o., Liberty Technotron s.r.o. and Liberty Commercial Czech Republic k.s.
Liberty Ostrava a.s. is the integrated metallurgical company. Company production consists of coke production including coke-chemical products, hot metal production, continuous castings production, long, flat and tubular products production, road crash barries and mine support production.
Liberty Engineering Products Ostrava s.r.o. is a 100% Subsidiary of Liberty Ostrava a.s. – it is the producer of engineering products and castings.
Liberty Technotron s.r.o. is a 100% Subsidiary of Liberty Ostrava a.s. – it is the producer of cores of magnetic circuits.
Liberty Commercial Czech Republic k.s. is a 100% Subsidiary of Liberty Ostrava a.s. – ensures business activities and sales realization.
Customer and stakeholder satisfaction , quality of the products and services, environmental protection, energy management and health & safety of employees including serious accidents prevention is the highest priority of the companies listed above. As integral part of management system, those companies have introduced and certified the IMS under EN ISO 9001, EN ISO 14001, ISO 45001, EN ISO 500011 and under Act No. 224/2015 Sb., the Serious Accidents Prevention Act as amended.
At selected production facilities, Liberty Ostrava a.s. implemented some requirements of the IATF 16949 standard.
In order to adhere to and further develop the IMS, the companies listed above hereby commit to:
1. Within adhering to legislative requirements for the quality, environmental protection, H&S of employees and energy management, by continuous improvement:
• To increase satisfaction of the customers including all interested parties with the quality of provided products, processes and services:
– by extending the range of products according to customer requirements while maintaining the required quality;
– by increasing the capability / performance of production processes.
• To prevent from pollution/contamination and to eliminate negative impacts of our activities on the environment:
– by reducing the amount of waste produced and maximizing the use of by-products as raw materials;
– by reducing the amount of pollutants discharged into the various environmental compartments, including the reduction of GHG production;
– by efficient using and reduction of raw materials and energy consumption;
– by the progressive removal of old environmental burdens.
• To prevent from the possibility of extraordinary events occurrence consequences of which might have a negative impact on health of company staff, the environment and property;
to increase health protection level and working environment protection level: –
– by continuing in systematic risk analysis in the area of technological processes and technology operation, such analysis applying within safety standards implementation to practice;
– by minimizing the number of the work injuries, occupational diseases, accidents and breakdown.
• To reduce financial demands in the area of energy management: –
– by supporting to purchase of energy-saving products and services;
– by supporting and implementing proposals to improve energy performance.
2. To communicate and cooperate with the local governments, the public and customers and thus to create a good image of the companies, to provide objective information on the activities in the area of energy management, on impacts of the companies on the environment and safety of the citizens.
3. To motivate employees and to increase their awareness, skills and knowledge in the area of quality assurance, environmental protection, energy management, occupational safety and serious accidents prevention.
In the area of IMS policy assurance, company management hereby undertakes:
a) To keep, develop and continuously improve the IMS;
b) To monitor the development of legal and other requirements and to create the conditions for their meeting;
c) To develop IMS goals into respective ones and to regularly assess them;
d) To create and provide sufficient material, human and financial resources;
e) To discuss with employees and their representatives the creation, implementation and maintenance of IMS policy, incl. their participation.
Expectations from employees/company staff:
a) Responsible approach to all set goals meeting;
b) Adherence to documented procedures and regulations of the companies;
c) Active approach to the growth in personal qualification and competences;
d) Search for the possibilities of quality improvement, environmental protection, health & occupational safety and energy performance improving in the workplaces.
1 Certification under EN ISO 50001 except Liberty Technotron and Liberty Commercial CR